Thursday, January 15, 2009

High 5... in a Row!!

Day 5 is just another day, an ordinary day as Avril Lavigne said in her lyrics... but is it really??
We are for the most part totally depleted of glycogen, both in the muscle fiber and in the liver. We should be well on our way to ketosis or actually converting fat for energy now. I have been encouraged, beyond words, as to the mechanism of support that this blog has become. I have had clients and friends hound me for years to design a website that would be an extension of my life as a conduit for fitness and wellness. After 4 years of thinking about it, I finally realized that it was beyond my scope of expertise to be a webmaster. So when I finally conceded that is when I hired Andrew Kozak, a friend of my son Ben's at the State University of New York at New Paltz... I finally acted on my thoughts and found someone that could design it for me and now my wonderful husband, Dave maintains it for me (and us:-) While settling on a design for this website, I was very certain I wanted a blog and I thought it would connect my clients all over the world just because they were LadyLifters... but it really didn't catch on. It had no driving force to bring people to the discussion table. So to get to my point, like I conveyed to Donna on the phone yesterday, I am elated to see this blog become everything I had envisioned it to be and more... I thanked Donna for wanting to promote this project and for all of you who decided that the time was now and by making this life-change together, it would be perfect timing in every way!
My thanks and my utmost respect to each and everyone of you who has had the strength and courage to embrace Cracking the Fat Loss Code... change can be a scary thing but we are doing it as a team and with change comes a new way of living life. The best part is... life will now include a whole new group of
friends fondly known as your Cracker Sisters!!

Concreso Catena
~Tracey

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you too Tracey for giving us this incredible support avenue. It is now on my list in the morning, check the weather, check my e-mail, check the blog. I made eggs in a fry pan this morning instead of the microwave and WOW they tasted so much better! Bea thought so too, she made her way to my lap and said "Mom, can I have a BIG taste of your eggs?"
It is so great to be more than half way through this week. Still looking forward to oatmeal but those Dove candies in the snack bin are not calling so loudly.
Have a great day fellow crackers!

Tracey Trainer said...

Kate,
I am so glad that you are finding the silver lining in all that you are doing. Sometimes it is difficult when we attempt change and find the road to success full of pot holes... just keep the car on the road girl and definitely, the eggs taste 100% better in the pan:-)
Congrats on not hearing the Dove Chocolate calling as loudly... pretty soon it will not even be a faint whisper because the oats and brown rice and sweet potatoes will be the "candy" you will faithfully gravitate to. You will enjoy fueling with quality nutrition and love the results of it... just be sure to be patient and let the whole process happen... in its own time!
You have a wonderful white winter day and I hope to see you in about 1 hr at the library:-)

~TT

Donna said...

(((((Crackers))))))
that's a group hug for all!

Laurie said...

Tracey,
I have read a good portion of the book but seem to missing any mention of milk. I really miss drinking milk. When can milk get added back in? Thank you.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hiya Ladies

I am with you Laurie on the milk and dairy, she really doesn't address it as far as I can tell. She does recommend cheese (watch the carb count though). I am ready for a glass of milk almost as much as I ready for a glass of wine. For me the book and the plan is really getting me to be aware of what I am putting in my mouth all day long, not just mindless eating. So I think after the first week a little nonfat milk won't hurt, it is milk for goodness sake not Hostess cupcakes. So let me know what you all think. Like I said I think the most beneficial part of this week is creating the habit of thinking about what I am going to put in my mouth.
Alright I am going to take a nap, that was a lot to think about for the afternoon.

Later lovely Crackers
Ali

Unknown said...

Hello fellows Crackers:
Day 5 Yupi!!!! Today a fell so great, with all my Item with I fell save, Today we left to the baseball tournament at 9:30a.m and we just return is 4:53pm (Manila Time) But I can says I feel very proud I get salad with chicken last night and today morning was egg with some pieces of meat, then my fabulous Cottage Cheese. Tomorrow is day 6 and we almost there, Go Crackers!!!! We are doing great I'm just I'm thinking whhen I get back and step on the scale. If only one pound less I'll be in haven. Good lock to all and huge Hug for everybody.
Dona: Thousand thanks!!! for your words you are really help.

Hug for everybody.

Anonymous said...

Tracey,
Okay, question. Today I was hungry at the right times but when i made my stuff and sat down to eat it, I could get maybe half way through it then I really could not eat any more- like felt like I would be ill if I ate anymore. How can I possibly be full from 2 lettuce wraps with a piece of cucumber and slice of chicken in each one?? Other than that the week has not been as bad as I expected. Can't wait for that starch addition next week!!

Tracey Trainer said...

Lady Crackers!
I will try to address your questions in one posting so that I dont monopolize the blog... which I tend to do anyway:-P

Laurie see Ali's reply... it is my reply in almost my exact words. We are talking milk, not ding-dongs or ho-ho's. I know you want to not sabotage your progress by putting in something "wrong" but honestly, you have to be able to live with this way of eating for the remainder of your life and if you love milk then by all means have it. Have it in place of cottage cheese or any cheese. Personally, I like the value of skim milk more than I like the fat in 4% cottage or cheddar brick cheese.
So please don't fret too much... if you are asking the question~ "will this fuel the machine efficiently and with quality nutrition?" and the food in question does foot the bill... then go for it!! Just think, could you have ever envisioned your mastery of your needed intake only 1 week ago? The ladies are becoming more and more intune with what makes their body happy... and I am so thrilled about that.

Viviana,
You are doing a wonderful job of managing the situation as it presents itself in Manila. We can (and must) learn to always make our plan work with our daily lives, whether we are traveling, socializing or hanging around the house. It is amazing how resourceful and ingenious we can be! Keep up the great work!

Lisa,
You could be experiencing the affects of a few different things... your stomach is possibly shrinking down to portion size and you feel full much sooner than in the past. Also, the chemical balance of sugar/insulin pump activity is leveling out and with little insulin activation due to your 5-6 small meals a day in the absence of simple carbohydrates... you are minimizing the hormones created by excess carbs in the body that elicits hunger. You may be to the place where you wont be having those extreme shifts in blood sugar and insulin reaction. Either reason is a wonderful one!! Simply awesome Lisa!!

Well Crackers! I am off to dissect the book and figure out our next step... I want to be able to see what Wendy has in store for us and also be sure that I can make it user friendly for all...

Caio
TT

Laurie said...

Viviana,
I am very impressed that you are conquering week 1 while in Manila. What an undertaking. You should be very proud of yourself. This is tough enough in my own kitchen and during days that I am pretty much able to dictate my meals. You have really made an achievement.

Laurie